Thursday, August 08, 2013

Gold Coast’s Best Motorcycle Roads

Including Northern NSW

In my many years of riding in South East QLD I came to best like the area on either side of the border with NSW. I have grouped the rides here under the title of Gold Coast as everyone knows that area but more correct geographically would be to say the border ranges area.

The best riding is really just over the border. The area from there south to Byron bay and inland to Kyogle is full of enjoyable riding roads. Low traffic, interesting vistas that vary from the ocean to mountains, rainforests to Tuscan like rolling hills with row upon row of macadamia trees and even world heritage listed areas. There is some great cafes and pubs who are biker friendly and you will find yourself in a peaceful area away from the motorcycle roadblock checkpoints and police harassment in QLD.

Please note many of these posts are old and lack content. Some date back to the 90’s from my old home page site when I first started writing about alternative places to ride and were ported over here. I have neglected this part of the blog not thinking anyone was still interested but recently found this is not the case so I will refurbish these articles gradually.

For some context - many of the older photos here are from film and my old home page was accessed by dial up modem so it tended to have posts of one photo and one paragraph text and scan of a paper map with highlight pen. Then I went through a stage of giving ratings to roads as readers suggested this would be good. Some map links are broken since the info came from pre Google map sources that no longer exist. I have added a map of Australia with all good roads bottom of this page. If you click to open that on Google page then you can access the list of roads by name.

Brisbane’s motorcycle roads can be found here. For one day rides from Brisbane specifically then I collected some of my best one day rides here (Link)

Click the orange text below each icon for the article not the image.




P1161390[3]
Advancetown

Brutale
Beechmont

bill1
Billinudgel

P5021722[4]
Binna Burra

P1000996
Clunes

PA090071[3]
Burringbah

P4080482[4]
Currumbin

P6060497[2]
Goonengerry & Eltham

P3271439[3]
Lions Road

fruit
Numinbah Valley

P5270654b[3]
O'Reillys

P5021671[4]
Springbrook Mountain

P1010311
Stokers Siding

shute
Stoney Chute

Summerland
Summerland Way

P5270656b[3] (1)
Tamborine Mountain

P1020496
Terranora

P1010397
The Channon

drop
Tullebugera Valley

P1010009
Tumbulgum

view
Tweed Valley

wadeville
Uki

P5060539b[6]
Urbenville

 

1 comment:

  1. Im glad I found this as I was hoping to ride around up north in the nead future. Cheers

    ReplyDelete